SUNEDEN SENSORY PLAYSPACE
With a small budget and community support, a playspace was created that excites, stimulates and challenges the various abilities of the students at the school.
The unique and entertaining landscape design uses a host of standard building and landscape material to create a series of outdoor rooms. These rooms incorporate explorative and sensory activities that help to improve student’s body awareness, problem solving, cognition, creativity, enhance their overall learning abilities and above all increase their happiness.
- Location: Mitchell Park, SA
- Project: Playspace
- Client: Suneden Special School
- Completion: November 2013
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Country: Kaurna
- 2015 – AILA SA Landscape Architecture Award
- 2014 – Parks & Leisure National Play Space Award
- 2014 – Parks & Leisure SA Play Space Award
- 2014 – LASA Design of Commercial Landscape Award
- 2014 – LASA Judges Special Mention Award