JACOBS CREEK VISITOR CENTRE
Incorporating the client’s brief to increase native plantings and reduce lawn areas and watering requirements, a statement sweep of mass plantings was designed to create a sense of arrival to the entrance of their flagship premises.
A modern approach to the ‘native’ garden, with existing lawns removed and bold washes of indigenous riparian and local native plants.
Views to the adjacent Jacobs Creek were created with the installation of a timber deck and platform area, allowing outdoor dining and congregation.
Similar projects: Jacobs Creek Productive Garden
- Location: Barossa Valley, SA
- Project: Landscape Design
- Client: Pernod Ricard
- Completion: October 2008
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Country: Ngadjuri
- 2009 – LASA Award of Excellence
- 2011 – Sustainable Landscapes Native Gardens, Business, Industry & Commercial Award