Adelaide Zoo Nature’s Playground
WAX Design has brought nature play to the Adelaide Zoo, connecting children to nature through play and enhancing visitor experiences.
The bespoke elevated walkway and timber pods developed in conjunction with Fleetwood Engineers facilitate access for all, incorporating innovative and challenging experiences and views throughout the Zoo and Parklands beyond.
Dynamic climbing, jumping and extensive rope play opportunities are balanced with a variety of investigative and sensory interventions.
A rock lined creek, complete with tadpoles feature amongst the water play spouts and giant sand pit, along with musical chimes and cubby building.
Visitor facilities developed by Phillips Pilkington include walkway lift access, demonstrating the highest level of commitment to the creation of an all accessible, innovative and nature based play environment for children.
- 2016 - City of Adelaide Prize People's Choice Award
- 2016 - City of Adelaide Prize Commendation
- 2016 - Civic Trust Bob Such Award for Social Benefit
- 2016 - AILA SA Tourism Landscape Architecture Award
- 2017 - Parks & Leisure SA Award of Excellence
- 2017 - AILA SA Award of Excellence
- 2017 - AILA National Landscape Architecture Award Play Spaces
Photography by Dan Schultz - Sweet Lime Photo