COLOBUS SKY TRAIL
Using a cylindrical mesh construction, over 90 linear metres of elevated Sky Trail allows visitors to see the Colobus monkeys roaming amongst the trees. The robust design achieves exceptional structural performance with enough cross-sectional area to encourage natural behaviours in the primates.
Walking through Adelaide Zoo, you are greeted by the chatter of the Colobus out exploring the surrounding treetops, socialising, and inquisitively watching visitors below.
Through collaborative and innovative design, a hugely successful, world-first in small primate exhibit design has been delivered.
Similar projects: Children’s Zoo
- Location: Adelaide Zoo, SA
- Project: Animal Enclosure
- Client: Zoos SA
- Completion: November 2019
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Country: Kaurna
- 2020 – AILA SA Award of Excellence (Small Projects)